Archangelos Michail Convent

EXCURSIONS / Religious Monuments / Nicosia / Archangelos Michail Convent
Dating to the Byzantine period, the church was founded by Archbishop Nikiforos whose tomb can be seen in the narthex.

Rebuilding was carried out in 1636 and in 1713 when it was acquired by Kykkos Monastery. The iconostasis dates back to 1650 and there is a 1785 fresco of Archangelos Michail. Situated off the Lefkosia -Anthoupolis road, some 10 minutes drive from Lefkosia (Nicosia), the church now houses the Kykkos Monastery Research Centre.


Address: Lefkosia
Operating Period: All year round

 

Σχετικά Άρθρα


Krasochoria of Limassol Wine Rou...

Renowned wine villages in an effortless journey through beautiful scenery. A stronghold of tradiontal wine making with an...


Sculpture Park Petreon

The name of the park stemmas from the material that the whole park is made of petra (stone).


Prodromos Picnic Area

Picnic Area of Prodromou is near the dam of Prodromos.


Kryo Nero

Kryo Nero, Harbour, Beach. Very centrally located in the heart of Agia Napa, this beach stretches for about one kilometre...